Partner with Premier Trust to Attract and Retain Assets for Multiple Generations
Statistics have shown that 80-95 percent of an advisor’s accounts leave the advisor after the client passes away (if a family member or bank is named as successor trustee). Naming an advisor-friendly trustee as successor trustee on your clients’ trusts ensures that you continue to manage the assets into the next generation. Why prospect for the same assets again?
Given the choice, many clients would name their financial advisor as trustee of their trusts. Most financial institutions view this as a conflict of interest and prohibit their advisors form serving in this capacity. The next best solution is to work with an advisor-friendly trustee that will not poach your book of business.
- Enhance the estate planning services you can offer to your clients.
- Customizable account relationships – We will work as your back office. You can have all client interaction run through you, or have us deal directly with trust beneficiaries.
- Assets stay on the platform of your choosing. We work with all custodians.
- You do not have to be an expert in estate planning. We will guide you through the process. Join our “Advisor Newsletter” to learn tips to help grow your business.
- Complementary Trust Reviews – We will review trusts you send us free of charge. We will not provide legal advice, but we will tell you how we would administer the trust if we were to become trustee.
- Portability – We follow the advisor. If you change broker-dealers we will follow you. We look at the advisor as our client as much as the end client.
- Work with your trust officer to develop an investment policy statement that meets the objectives of the trust and best serves the beneficiaries.
The 3 most Common Ways Advisors Use Premier Trust
1. Name Us As Successor Trustee On Your Client’s Trust…
Name us as successor trustee on your client’s trust. It does not cost anything to name us in the document and we will not charge our fee until we are actively administering the client’s trust.
2. Replace A Current Trustee Of An Actively Administered Irrevocable Trust…
We can replace a current trustee of an actively administered irrevocable trust and delegate the investments to you. We will review the trust document and if the situs of the trustee can be moved we will assume the trusteeship and you will manage the assets.
3. Self Directed IRAs…
Do you have clients that want to invest in non-traditional assets inside their IRA? We can custody assets that cannot be held on your traditional brokerage platform.
- show all (46)
- Estate Planning Toolkit (4)
- Blog (25)
- White Papers (9)
- FAQ (1)
- Videos (7)
Thoughts from Advisors
Premier Trust has been a great source for expertise on high level estate/trust planning cases. Their experience in the asset protection market has been highly valuable to me and my firm. We have also gotten excellent support for custodial services for unique assets in IRA accounts for clients. I find their team easy to work with and a wealth of knowledge.
Cedar Brook Group
West Bloomfield, MI
I think Premier Trust is terrific. They are easy to work with and always accessible. I feel confident when I refer my clients to Premier Trust that they will be taken care of and my relationship with my clients will only be strengthened.
American Wealth Management
Up until 15 years ago, I had never recommended an institutional trustee as a matter of course. Premier Trust was recommended to me by one of my good friends. I have been so satisfied by their diligence and knowledge that today every client (myself included) has Premier as their administrative trustee and the vast majority have Premier as their independent trustee. They are my go-to fiduciary!!
Nominee, MSFS, CExP, RICP