Unlike other Nevada trust companies, we allow our clients across the country to formulate and execute their estate plans to take advantage of Nevada’s progressive trust, corporate, and tax laws; we call this the “Nevada Advantage.” You can reside anywhere in the United States and still benefit from a trustee relationship with Premier Trust.
Nevada is consistently ranked as the top trust jurisdiction in the United States for many reasons:
- Nevada does not have a state or fiduciary income tax. Irrevocable trusts are taxed at the state level on where the trustee resides. If a client has a Nevada trustee, the trust may avoid filing a state income tax return. This helps reduce the erosion of trust assets by the tax rate. *The trust will always have to file a federal income tax return. Also, if a beneficiary of trust from Nevada trust companies receive a trust distribution, that distribution will be subject to their own state’s personal income tax filings.
- Nevada dynasty trusts allow a trust to continue for 365 years. The length of time a trust can last is commonly referred to as a states “Rule Against Perpetuities.” Dynasty provisions allow a trust to avoid the estate tax arena for multiple generations.
- Self-Settled Spendthrift Trusts (often referred to as Nevada Asset Protection Trusts) – One can create an irrevocable trust in Nevada for their own benefit. Two years after the assets are transferred to the trust the assets should be creditor protected. Only 17 states allow these types of trusts and Nevada’s laws are consistently ranked number 1 for the reasons below:
- Provides for No Exception Creditors
- Protects assets for creditors including divorcing spouses
- Has a Two Year Statute of Limitations, the shortest in the nation
- Directed Trusts – Allowing the division of trust duties among a family trustee, independent trustee, and administrative trustee.
- Decanting Statute – Through recent legislation in Nevada you can now change the terms of an irrevocable trust.
- LLC’s and Partnerships with “Charging Order Protection” – Offers a high level of entity asset protection
Work with Us Today
- Revocable Trusts as Successor Trustee
- Irrevocable Trusts as Replacement Trustee
- Special Needs Trusts
- Dynasty Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Executor of a Will **only in Nevada
- Nevada Self-Settled Spendthrift Trusts (DAPTs)
- Beneficiary Defective Inheritor’s Trusts (BDITs)
- Dynasty Trusts (IDGTs)
- Nevada Incomplete Gift Non-Grantor Trusts (NINGs)
- Directed Trusts